At Collaborate we know that a collaborative society must embrace diverse perspectives, embed inclusive cultures and practices and address inequitable distribution of power and resources. We have therefore committed ourselves to working towards this set of principles which we developed collectively as a team in 2021.
We recognise that we are on a journey as an organisation to embed equity in our organisation and our work, and we have a long way to go. We commit to sharing our learning and we welcome challenge and feedback.
We aim to:
- Hear and amplify diverse perspectives in our work
- Design and deliver our work with an equity lens
- Develop a more diverse and inclusive team and organisation
- Build alliances and partnerships which expand the breadth and depth of our experience and understanding
- Put considerations of power and equity at the heart of how we approach collaboration and systems change
- Create the culture and structures to learn, reflect and challenge ourselves on equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do